Children 6 and up $10
Under 5 free
LITTLE DRIBBLERS RULES
Little Dribblers – BASKETBALL RULES
1st-2nd-3rd-4th Grade Premier Basketball Game Rules
•4 -7 minute stop clock quarters, Half time—3 minutes
•Minimum of 6 minute warm-up between games.
•Time outs: (3) 30 sec. per game.
•Overtime games – 2 minutes then 2 minutes Sudden Death
•All games start on scheduled time. No exceptions.
Closely Guarded/Held Ball
•There is no back court violation and no 5 second closely guarded.
•Free Throws: Double bonus on 5th team foul per quarter.
•Players are allowed 5 personal fouls.
•Team listed first or on top of the bracket is the home team (light jerseys) andwill sit to the left of the score table when facing the court.
•Team listed second is the visiting team and will sit to the right of the scoretable when facing the court.
•Home team provides a game ball. (28.5 Basketball)
•The tournament director has the right to forfeit a game if a team does nothave its starting five ready to play at the scheduled tip off time.
• 4th Grade will play Premier Basketball Tournament rules. See below rules.
• Players will be allowed 1 double dribble and 1 steps on travels.
• You can pick your man up once a player reaches mid court. There is no
double teaming until the ball reaches the 3 point line in first and second
grade. Violation of this rule can result in a technical foul after two warnings.
• Teams are allowed to play zone or man defense in 2nd and 3rd grade. First
grade is man defense only. In 2nd and 3rd grade you can pick your man up at
mid court and you can double team. You are allowed to zone and or man
press at mid court.
• Teams in the 2nd and 3rd Grade Division can play full court press with 2
minutes or less left in a game. If a team is up by 20 points or more then they
cannot press in the last 2 minutes.
• 1st and 2nd Graders – 8 Ft. Goals, 3rd Grade – 9 ft. Goals, 4th Grade – 10 ft
• First graders will shoot free throws from the first gray line. Second grade
and up will shoot form the second gray line.
• No defensive pressure in the backcourt. Once ball control is established on a
rebound, the defensive team must release.
• There are no 3 second violations.
• Premier Basketball has the right to approve a team and or a player to play
down in a division. You must request approval from the tournament director
5 days prior to the tournament beginning via email. Our goal is to provide
• Player’s age is based on Grade Only.
• A player can play with two teams in the same tournament but not in the
• A fee of $100.00 cash (refunded if protest is upheld) must accompany all
protests. Protests must come from the Head Coach listed on the official
roster for the event. Protest on eligibility must be made before the game
begins. Protest cannot be made on a player’s eligibility during a game or
after a game is completed.
• Premier will supply score keeper and clock keeper.
• Team listed on top is HOME team and will wear light jerseys. Team listed
on bottom is VISITOR and will wear dark jersey.
• Roster Line Ups must be submitted before each game.
There is no limit or rules applied to playing time for players but we always highly recommend that all players get to play.